Saturday, October 12, 2013

Treasure

I have always known that I married a treasure - Brian is rare and I get to spend my days with him.  The cool thing is that typically for 7 of the last 9 months I would have been teaching.  Being on paid leave has allowed us to spend a ton of time together.

When we got married, I had an instant family.  We have never been without kids around. I am not complaining - it was and is a rich way to live.  Our oldest three are now married on their own and Bethany has graduated, working at Purdy's and managing a busy social life.  All of a sudden, we now have many days when we are on our own. What an unexpected gift!

And so we do things like visit my folks in the middle of the day, when I would normally be at school....or we drop off and pick up Beth from the Purdy's in Langley where she works, or we drive to Oak Harbour in the USA and get stuck on military base, or we go to Steveston to eat fish and chips on the beach.

I want to remember these days, some of them are pretty darn funny...and they are always rich because of my other self, the man you all know as Brian.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Holiest Work

The Holiest Work The world tells our children to chase more... more success, more applause, more achievement. But God invites us to teach th...