Sunday, September 14, 2025

You Choose What You Read



My social media tends to be full of posts about scrapbooking and card making and reading strategies for early learners. And this makes me question the algorithm that chooses what we see. Social media seems to know my interests, fills my feeds with things that may be relevant to me.


This is probably why I don’t see Mr. Trump, Mr. Kirk, Mr. Trudeau or Mr. Carney populating my social media. Perhaps , but I would rather attend to where I can make a difference. I just don’t go looking for it because fundamentally I don’t have the emotional resilience to deal with political rhetoric. 


I do have the bandwidth to make a difference for the people who are in front of me and those people who come across my path… our neighbours, our family, the students I work, and even the person who drops off our Amazon packages.


Mel Robbins, author of The Let Them Theory, states, “The fact is, not every email warrants a response and not every conversation needs your participation—and you do not always have to have the last word. And as the famous saying goes: Your silence can’t be misquoted.”


Smart lady…


Good counsel…


But a perhaps a little naive, because my silence may not be misquoted, but it certainly can be misinterpreted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Holiest Work

The Holiest Work The world tells our children to chase more... more success, more applause, more achievement. But God invites us to teach th...